Can you answer this tax question?

If 47% of Americans pay zero net tax, do you think Joe Biden thinks that they are as patriotic as the 53% who actually do?

And, what do you think of people who pay no net taxes using resources, roads, school system, etc at the same rate as those who do pay taxes?

And, besides being rounded up and shot, what would happen to people who refuse to pay so much to subsidize so many people who get so much for free simply because their lovely and talented selves simply exist??
We are graced because they exist and chose to endow us with their progeny who began appearing as soon as they were out of high school, which is someone else's fault. Don't know who, but someone's..........
Anyways, what do you think?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 3:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "do you think Joe Biden thinks that they are as patriotic as the 53% who actually do?"

Dunno. I don't live inside his head. Only HE knows what he thinks.

"And, what do you think of people who pay no net taxes using resources, roads, school system, etc at the same rate as those who do pay taxes?"

I've yet to meet anyone who pays no net taxes year in year out. It all works out in the end. Not an issue.

"And, besides being rounded up and shot, what would happen to people who refuse to pay so much to subsidize so many people who get so much for free simply because their lovely and talented selves simply exist??"

They wouldn't be rounded up and shot. They'd be tossed in the jail cells that their tax dollars paid for. At least they'd get the value of their investment, I suppose.

Your point?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I've yet to meet anyone who pays no net taxes year in year out. It all works out in the end. Not an issue.

No, it DOES NOT "all works out in the end".

Is an issue if you pay taxes.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

Maybe you should ask him.

I don't personally know anyone who doesn't pay taxes. I guess I'd have to know a little more about an actual individual before making any judgements.

That's difficult to understand, it being such an insane run-on, but I THINK the answer to whatever it was you were asking is: jail.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• "I've yet to meet anyone who pays no net taxes year in year out. It all works out in the end. Not an issue.

Is an issue if you pay taxes."

I pay taxes. There were years when my parents did, and years when they did not. I haven't yet hit a year when I did not pay taxes but expect it will happen when I retire. It's how it works and I'm FINE with that. I'd rather do that than have to pay for a private fire company, police force or school system.

Sorry, but I just don't get your point.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Democrats (like Joe Biden) are the reason that we have been led to believe that only the rich should pay taxes. I happen to think everybody should pay 10%. Hey if you made 18k last year, just fork over the 1.8. You really won't notice it. What is the real difference between 16.2 and 18. I'm sure they will just increase your welfare payments. Why spend all this time fighting over Making Work pay and Earned Income Credit and Child Tax Credit and keeping all this paperwork in my filing cabinet and printing all these tax booklets, just so they can give it back to you in WIC, food stamps, heap (which is utility payments) and whatever else is out there. I bet even those tax cheats that Obama keeps putting in his cabinet and figure out 10% and not get into so much trouble! 

To answer your question Grace - I don't care what goes on in Biden's tiny little mind.  He is a moron.

Anonymous

• I don't know but liberals are famous for protests even violent one's so what do you think of that?
    Anonymous

• Anons 05/06- Yes, I tend to agree.
    Anonymous

• If we all paid our share of taxes we would not be where we are, the 53% are taking the hit for everybody and the 47% are consuming more than the 53% can pay...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Agent- Ever heard the comment, "Life's not fair?" If so, do you know what it means? Do I need to break it down for you? I am at home sick today, and I've got tissues. FTR, I'm in the over 250K group, so Yes I pay-

Anonymous

• If we had some tax laws that even close to being halfway reasonable, so that every citizen paid something, rather than all the credits, and breaks, and different brackets, and codes that are so confusing that the average person who owns a business can't even figure out their own taxes, we would all be better off. We have nearly half the population who does not pay income tax, and slightly more who pay for those who don't. No way is that equitable. It is insane how people can get every penny back plus thousands of dollars, just because they um, well, just because they don't make as much money as someone else does? Our government is insane to pay people for being poor, and then borrowing billions to pay them MORE!!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2010