Hi moms! I just found out that I'm pregnant yesterday!! I am due on December 20th this year, and I live in Austin. I am looking for a doctor or midwife who can give me personal attention, is a good listener and gives mothers-to-be time to ask questions and answers them all. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• congrats!!!! i would suggest that you look into a local online group.

mothering.com has community/forums. you can join there, click on "find my tribe" and find a local group. i would think that austin would have a fairly active community since it's populous ;) and there would probably be some great advice on finding a good midwife, and maybe dr
    Anonymous

• btw, i'm not in TX so that's why i can't help ;) gl
    Anonymous

• thank you!
    zee584

Answer by zee584 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• you want all that... shouldn't be to much to ask, but on a more personal level. unless you find a really awesome homebirthing midwife your probably not going to get it and if you do choose to ask questions they will act like you wasting their time. because before you can open your mouth they are already halfway out the door.

seriously look long and hard at the people you are looking at and ask them all kinds of questions. know exactly what kind of birth you are wanting and see their opinions on it. if your wanting a more natural birth and to not be induced and a lot of other things. you really need to find out what everyone of them guys think about that. take a list and askthen everything, don't let them push or bully you. remember your the one in control, your paying them, you should be able to get what you want.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 6:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Try OB/GYN North... they are located by North Austin Medical Center (St. David's North) at 183 & Parmer Ln.. They are a mixed practice of midwives and doctors, and the midwives can deliver at NAMC. 2 friends of mine both went there for prenatal care & delivery, & they said the care was stellar.
    A lot of people say Austin Area Birthing Center is great, but I had a REALLY bad experience there. I may have been an isolated incident though, because everyone else I know that has been there has said how wonderful they are. However, given the choice, I would have an unassisted home birth before going back there.
    Another one to check out is BirthWise. I don't know anything about them though...
    Good luck! Congratulations!!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2010