do you think if someone were to walk into a place to get a job application dressed down...

like dressed down in your sweats and all, do they still kind of decide if you have the look for the job when ONLY picking up an application?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• good question and great answers =) im on the job hunt myself so this proved to be useful
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• yep, I used to work at a hallmark, and my boss (the owner) had us "prescreen" the applicants... if you came in like a slob, your app went in the trash
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Absolutely.
    Anonymous

• yes they look and some make note. They also make note of whether or not you fill it out there or take it with you an d whether or not you are prepared and have your own pen.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• absolutely. in the grocery store where i worked jeans and a t shirt was ok but sweats got your ap put in "file 13", the trash!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I was told when I was in nursing school that when you pick up an application, dress like you would for the interview.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yes. I agree 100% with Bethsunshine. You dress for success. In the time it took you to ponder the question you could already be looking professional.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• absolutely. the first impression is by far the most important. when I did the hiring I always asked the hostess (I was kitchen manager) what the person was like (groomed, dressed like they want a job), her impressions....and since we trusted her opinions.

a slob's application was always filed in the circular file.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010