Single Umbilical Artery without other defects?

I had a problematic previous pregnancy, so I'm being monitored extra closely this time. I had my level II ultrasound today and they noticed that my umbilical cord only had one artery instead of the normal two. They didn't see any other defect markers. Has anyone had this and delivered a normal, healthy, full-term baby?

AlyKen

Asked by AlyKen at 4:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My third child, born August 2007 had the same problem. He was born perfectly healthy, in the shortest labor and delivery of all my children, at full term. He's perfectly healthy today.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Had the same with my 3rd. He was born happy, healthy, and had no other problems. Normal labor (though VERY long), easy delivery. In fact, he was a water baby, and not born at a hospital. Here's the link- Bottom of the page. That's my Troy!

Don't be overly concerned, just eat healthfully, stay active, hydrate, and live life. It's not a sign of bigger problems, just relax.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010