What do I do??

I have a dilemma with my 2 yr old daughter, we went to the doctor today and they said...on top of the already diarrhea from an ABT from a spot on her head, and her excema that is flared up with a plateau on the med she takes the doctor now says she has thrush in her mouth which is obvious with a discolored tongue and we're being referred to another derm bc of the spots he thinks are psoriasis. I'm at my wits end all this has hit at once and I feel so terrible, she doesn't seem to be affected no mood changes or energy changes, she's potty trained and does ok with the diarrhea, but he didn't want to give her anything for the thrush. But also told me to give her a bread diet with the diarrhea but everything i've read says no bread with thrush, because of the yeast. Does anyone have any at home treatments or remedies or advice for the thrush, I've been giving her yogurt and popsicles today but she needs real food too! PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• brown rice? broiled fish? i am so sorry about what your daughter is going through.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Do you think he meant the "BRAT" diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, tea or toast? Gatorade/' water instead of tea for this age. Just go gently with her stomach for the diarrhea, try plenty of liquids, bananas, rice and little applesauce/ toast or crackers. She may be able to have broiled fish like pp said, or "plain" chicken.

this discolored tongue may not be thrush. Sometimes it's a medication side effect, sometimes it's a viral thing that will go away by itself.

When is the dermatologist appt?

I'm a pedi nurse, PM if you want. :) I'll ask more questions, lol....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• do not give her the yogurt. It gives girls yeast infections if they eat alot and with everything your little girl is going through i wouldnt chance giving it to her and she get the yeast infection also. Keep your chin up sweeetie i know what your going through, my son had colic for the first two yrs of his life yikes! noone slept for very long
    shymomma72

Answer by shymomma72 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• for the diahrea and yeast, a childrens probiotic works wonders. As far as her ezema.. have you concidered taking her into a naturepath? I've known many people who have treated excema with natural supplements.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Take her to an allergist. Everything you are describing can be caused by a gluten intolerance and intestinal yeast infection. A Food Panel Rast test for IgE & IgG will likely give you the answers you need.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• BRAT diet. Bananas. Rice. Applesauce,. Toast.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010