What are these black spots on my rose bush leaves not to mention the leaves are somewhat turning yellow?

What can be done to prevent this from continuing to happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Roses are very prone to fungus. They have a spray you can buy to cure it. Knock out roses are about the only ones that do not or very rarely get this fungus. They are actually next to impossible to kill. Unfortunately they only come in 3 colors. But they are beautiful, grow fast, and they are evergreen.
    bskelly

Answer by bskelly at 5:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• sounds like 'black spot' I'm not being sarcastic that's what they call it-lol) There are several things you can do. To start all the affected leaves need to be plucked and burned it is VERY contagious! then a treatment you can buy some at the sore or there are several natural recipes online. I always just bought it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• cut off all affected leaves and get rid of them. Go to your local Nursery and ask them for a spray to treat Black Spot disease on your roses.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 10:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2010