question about swelling--i know it's "normal" but is it bad if you aren't able to stop the swelling through prevention?

i hope this question makes sense.

my feet have both been swelling up pretty moderately i'd say. my midwife said that it's normal and not a concern unless i also have some other symptom (like chest pain, blurry vision, headaches, high blood pressure, etc), which i don't have.

& i know some stuff to prevent the swelling, like keeping my feet up, preferably above heart-level, drinking lots of water, & consuming an appropriate amt of sodium.

unfortunately keeping my feet up just is not practical. i work in an office and i try to put my feet up as high as i can as often as i can but, like i said, not practical! i do drink a lot of water in general so i've been keeping that up. and doing my best to not eat too much salt, and avoid processed foods but i assume i probably consume too much sodium anyway.

and my feet are still really swollen. are all of the prevention ideas just to relieve how uncomfy it is, or is it bad for...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ...my feet to still be swollen. thanks!
    Anonymous

• CUT OUT ALL SALT, READ THE PACKAGES. DRINK EVEN MORE WATER. GET THE CONTROL PANTYHOSE THAT HELP TO REDUSE SWELLING AND PUT YOUR FEET UP AT HOME. GOOD LUCK
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 7:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i was soo swolleen i couldnt even wear sneakers or my wedding ring at 3months! i recommend ugg and flip flops. but they told me to cut out salt but didnt work. i loved warm baths too
    Anonymous