I'm so diappointed in myself

I binged and at one cookie and 2 pc of a pmpkin roll from the freezer! I am just so upset with myself. I've been working out and eating healthy (except today!) and I weighed myself and only lost 1 lb! Afterwards, I just had that f*** it attitude. I work out and eat right and - nothing. I've been working out for 4 weeks, now, but this last week I've been so tired and busy. I feel like crap. I am going to workout this evening when the kids go to bed and I have started counting points (today) for weight watchers.

I don't want a lecture, just a little pick me up would be nice. I just don't understand why i have such a hard time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• keep pushing yourself..but i always work out 6 days and give myself an off day to eat what i want so i dont go on a binge.. plus working out will help clear your mind..just breathe.. it will all work out.. i have those days where i dont lose its normal..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• yeah cut your points a bit, or switch up your workout :)
    Keep up the good work!!!!! don't get down on yourself for treating yourself! Just dont' do it all that often! hehe! You deserve a cookie from time to time...there's nothing wrong with that!
    Anonymous

• Every diet needs a break once in a while don't beat yourself up for it, it is ok!! now go burn those calories you consumed!!!

Answer by older at 4:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Relax. So you slipped? NO BIG DEAL. Really. It's NOT. You're a human being and you have permission to make mistakes. What you do NOT have permission to do is to beat yourself up because you don't look like a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.

You lost ONE POUND! That is GREAT! It *is*. BELIEVE IT.

Or would you rather have lost NO pounds? Or worse...gained?

EVERY OUNCE is a victory. BELIEVE THAT.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• HA! Atleast you are doing something about it I can't even get started but all I can say is what Swaney06 said workout and watch what u eat drink lots of water (see I know this) and splurge for only one day...You know you might just be my incentive ;) Thanks! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• keep up the good work! really, it is ok to have set backs...and i would never ever call what you described as a setback! lose it slow and sensibly...focus on making life changes and not the numbers on the scale. did you ever take body measurements when you started? sometimes you can lose inches without losing pounds. good luck to you and your weight loss and your better health!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• First I want to say YEAH FOR THAT POUND GONE!!! It's hard work losing weight so congrats!

As to why you are having such a hard time it's because changing what you have been doing for a long time takes time to change. Don't let what happened today set you back because you can do it. Do you have little rewards set up for along the way? If not give yourself a reward for every 10 pds you lose. It's a great way to motivate you to keep going. Good luck and you can do it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I understand completely! But look at it like this~ it's 1 pound in the right direction! Don't be so hard on yourself, we're all human, and we don't do things right all the time. Try to shake this off, and focus on all the good things you are doing! Keep up the great work!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Everyone slips every now and then .. don't beat yourself up, just brush it off and be proud of yourself for making the committment to get healthy!

For inspiration, support, motivation, pick me ups and success stories check out my website. You can go there for free, never have to buy anything, but can see what others are doing and connect with people that have the same goals in mind!
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs ...... Click on Join the Club ... it's free!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We all screw up some times. It's normal. Just get back up and start over. One of the reasons I like the ABS diet is that it allows for days like this. You are fine. Just keep going. You only tripped, you didn't fall.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2010