House Temperature

What temp do you keep your house at? We had it at 71 when our son was born- He's 9 months, but today it's 80 outside and I have the windows open and it's 77 in the house. I'm thinking thats too warm, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feel him and if he feels hot or is sweating than he's too hot. Don't be afraid to just let him crawl around in his diaper and his shirt!
    Anonymous

• 77 is not too warm for a baby. It takes their little bodies some time before they can regulate their own body temp.

We keep our house at 78 in the warm months and 73 in the cold.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My child tends to get warm really easily, and so do I . I keep the temp between 70 and 74 degrees... give or take. I don't know exactly because we don't have CH&A (its Hawaii), but I do have temperature gauges throughout the house. I also keep a fan on my daughter since there isn't AC in her room. Opening windows really aren't much of an option due to the rain, traffic, and pollution. Personally, 77 is too hot for my family.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 5:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• ours stays at 70
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 5:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• They generally say to keep babies in one layer of clothing more than what you're comfortable in. I don't remember if that's just for newborns or what, but regardless, if you're comfortable, your son is probably fine. As a PP said, if he feels warm or is sweating, then lower the temp. Otherwise, no worries. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• 70-75
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Thanks guys. I knew it had to be around 71 for newborns but just wasn't sure what it was for older babies. He doesn't seem hot at all (he's just in a onesie), but since I had him I've been hot all the time- stupid hormones, so I wouldnt be a good judge.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My house is 77 right now and my 4th old is wearing a onesie, pants, and socks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• None of my thermomostats are ever above 60-65. And me and my son are both very comfortable. =)
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 9:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010