What can I do not much really?

I babysit a little girl since she was a infant she now 5 getting ready to go to school anyway today she said she had a bad dream I talked to her but didn't think anything of it next thing I know I step over a certain area in my carpet and it felt very wet I was like what the...? turns out it smelled like pee she accidentally peed on my carpet I asked her about it she had this look on her face I told her I am nit mad at her I just want to know she confessed I asked her why didn't't u go to the bathroom she said she did not make it on time I told her that was ok it happens. but here I have a stinky carpet I tried cleaning it but I can still smell the pee :( There is no sense involving her parents it was not her fault. Venting!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes, you are right, accidents are accidents. I'm 42 & I barely make it on time sometimes, LOL! Seriously, though, it's better to NEVER shame a child about an accident. It will sub-consciously trigger them more because they will worry too much about it. It happens & how YOU react will teach them to either feel good or bad about themselves. Treat it as "no big deal" and it won't be. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• if you have a steam cleaner use that. if not use some kind of resolve, maybe the pet kind.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• don't let it dry if possible, and if you have a wet vac def suck the stuff out of it, then go over it with a carpet cleaner
    Anonymous

• You can clean it with vinegar, too. The vinegar just stinks for a minute, and then dries without a smell.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Urine be gone is a product that might help. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Get the carpet cleaner/powder for pets,it works amazing!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010