Omg!!!!! My sweet lil child is not so sweet today....lol

does your baby turn your house upside down in a matter of minutes. My gosh my baby took out all the diapers and had them all over. Held her bottle up side down and spilled all her milk out all over the coffee table and it looks like she was finger painting with it..haha. She throws her food everywhere walls, floor during her feedings. These are just a few examples of what I go through...I know my child is only 17 m.o. but man!!! it's like I walk around cleaning up and she follows me making messes. Anyone else go through this??? we do say no-no and try to teach that it is not ok to throw food, just say done or all done...Our child is learning how to talk still. Any ideas on how to deal with this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL! Yes, I understand!!! Thats how my dd is too, she's 2.5 however! Today I chased her around cleaning up after her but when I went to make lunch she messed everything back up! Why is it when you vacuum, they HAVE to dump crackers on the floor and jump in them???? Everytime I swear! lol If she was big enough to handle the vacuum cleaner, she'd clean it up, but she's not. I wonder when they grow out of this?? I think it's as soon as they leave the house! LMAO GL with cleanin!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• just keep saying NONO and maybe a little pat on the hand so they no u r serious
    Anonymous

• LOL Yes I know oh too well what your going through. I try and make it a game for her to help me clean up the messes she makes. If she throws her toys everywhere we count them each as we pick them up and put them back in the toy box. Once we get done cleaning we have a little treat/snack. She also thinks its the coolest thing ever when I let her vacuum lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yeah, when mine was doing that, I only allowed her to eat in her high chair.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Patience mom, with lots of patience, this too shall pass, and bigger problems will come with bigger kids, hang in there hun!

Answer by older at 6:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I've had 3 children and none of them have ever behaved like that.
    Sounds like you need to take control of things.
    I would start with making her take her bottle in the kitchen only, in her high chair.
    If she throws her food, take it away. She can eat when she learns not to throw her food (she won't starve, she'll learn before she gets to that point). Just make sure you tell her "We don't throw our food. If we throw our food we are done."
    Anonymous

• Ugh, I have two of them running around doing the same thing. They're 19 months and almost three... They're good about cleaning up their own messes when I ask and putting their toys away, but kids that age just don't have the same sense of order we do, and their curiosity is endless, their motor skills lacking,... need I go on? If I drop everything else I can maintain order, but if I, say, try to prepare a nice, healthy dinner from whole foods, with yummy herbs and spices, like I did tonight... alas, the house was in shambles (and they didn't eat it). Ugh. Makes you want to make frozen dinners and turn on the television... Can you tell I've had a long day, too?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yeah, I've had days like that.

I've learned that even part of the training process of teaching them how to clean means letting them make more of a mess while they figure it out.

You know, you want them to learn how to sweep...well the first thing they will do is take the broom and spread crumbs around the floor even more. But it's well worth it because they do eventually figure it out, and do eventually become very helpful.
    Anonymous