Discrediting the tea partys, who is the nut case here?

PORTLAND -- A state board will investigate whether a Beaverton teacher was on his own time or using state resources while he organized liberals to crash Oregon tea parties.

On Thursday, Jason Levin was put on paid leave by the Beaverton School District.

Levin has gotten national attention for a "Crash the Tea Party" Web site that called for opponents to infiltrate the events and behave outlandishly. That raised suspicion he was doing political work during schools hours.

Beaverton School District spokeswoman Maureen Wheeler confirmed Levin was placed on paid administrative leave as of Thursday while they conduct an internal investigation into his actions during work time.

Is this guy getting what he deserves?

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 5:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he deserves what he is getting! I do think he is entitled to his opinion, he can protest, go to rallys, whatever. But as a teacher, he should NOT do that sort of thing while he is working, nor should he try to put forward his political leanings to his students.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Ore-probes-teacher-working-against-tea-partiers-90868974.html

I think this explains a lot.  He website has been taken down. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think what he was doing was the cowards way. If you don't agree, then protest yourself. I'm glad his website was taken down and I hope his suspension is permanent.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• "Is this guy getting what he deserves? "

Yes. And not because of his stance. Because of the questions.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No, the leave should not be paid.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• There was another one a woman (teacher) that sent out e-mails throughout the whole school district from her school account.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Paid leave? That's a VACATION.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Where are all the leftys to 'debate' this issue??????
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I'm the dreaded "leftie", lol. I don't know where the rest are- probably laughing at pics from todays tea party rallies- but there isn't anything to debate, he did something wrong, he should be punished- that's how it works. What's to debate? Just because I happen to have a political view doesn't mean I condone anything and everything done under that umbrella- so there, you can all go back to whining about being "lumped in with the crazies at the tea parties" in peace, lol- cause I know you would "never" do that to others, lol...
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• but there isn't anything to debate

Really? Because when this website came out in the media and a question was asked a week ago involving this site~ quite a few leftys were quick to say this site was really a 'plant' from the right... etc, etc... I guess now, it's best to keep quiet.. The silence speaks volumes... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2010