what did some of you do for your child's 1st birthday??

a have a lil girl who's likes to be out....

salviniata23

Asked by salviniata23 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• some ppl tell me chuckie cheese...but i think she's tooooo young still
    salviniata23

Answer by salviniata23 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• 4 kids, all their 1st birthdays consisted of the same basic thing - family over, cake, presents, done. 2 hours tops. No need to go all out for a 1 year old.
    Anonymous

• I got her a big chocolate cupcake. And that was it. She was only 1, after all. She won't remember it, so it was pointless to spend a ton of money on it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, we had her birthday party here at home, they say it's more familiar for your child and convenient, because you have everything there already. Anyway, We had a "princess theme" party and got a pinata and served pizza and had a big princess birthday cake for the guests and a separate princess smash cake for my daughter. We got this package deal through "Express Birthday's", and in the package we received a signature plate which we had all the guests sign...cute keepsake and a princes thrown chair for pics. She loved it !!!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• my sons first bday is on may 22nd. were going to a local park called bowline, its got a park for the kids, a big pavillion, grills, it also has the town pool but it wont be open yet, and big fields, etc. - were going to have a big BBQ and invite all the familys. have everyone bring some food, and grill burgers & etc., have cake, let the kids play in the park, hang out outside. 12:30-4:30. hopefully its nice out!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My sons birthday isn't until june 18th but we are just doing it in our back yard, having all the family over, serve some finger foods and chips and then I'm making "hamburger cupcakes" you can google it to get the recipe. They're really cute but if someone can help with them it would be easier, its very time consuming to get them to look right. Good luck and have fun
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 7:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• One is way too young for Chuck E Cheese. My son is 3 and 1/2 and he just recently started to enjoy Chuck E Cheese. Anyway for his 1st birthday I just had a family and friends over, had a cake, food, bounce house. 1st birthdays are really more about the parents. I will probably do something similar for my younger son who turns 1 in June
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We had a lunch for the people who love our daughter.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I know most ppl dont celebrate the 1st because baby doesnt remember, but I will remember. So we had a party.
    We did a sports theme, everything was soccer,b ball, bsk ball, n fb. We rented a room at round table, I decorated the room. His cake was a football field with little football cupcakes around it. His little slam cake was a baseball. I made sports ball cookies for the adults and put together goodie bags for the kids with plush balls, sports pens,pencils, erasers,etc.
    It was a buffet lunch we played a few games and that was it. I had everyone dress is sports attire. We got great pictures and the baby loved it.
    I didnt have alot of money, which is also why most ppl dont have a 1st party, but my family pitched in and everyone enjoyed themselves.
    I would do it again in a heart beat....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• sassy brizzy, i agree totally. my daughter wont remember. i dont even remember anything before my 7th birthday. that happens...but its not about the remembering. its about celebrating her first year. as a young, single mom i felt VERY accomplished that i made it thru her first year and that she was such a blessing for my life. i wanted a big party and i had it. she had a fabulous time with all of her family, extended family, etc. it really didnt cost much. had it at a park. bought 50 pc. chicken from albertons and everyone helped bring side dishes. and tons of great pictures to show her when she's older
    StrongYoungMom

Answer by StrongYoungMom at 11:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010