Has anyone gotten PUPPP in the 1st trimester?

Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy

I broke out in a rash on my arms and legs. I am only 6 weeks and my doctor who had to use a med dictionary to diagnose me said it was PUPPP. But from every med book I have and what I have looked online says it only occurs in the last two weeks of pregnancy and rarely occurs again in a subsequent pregnancy.
I had it with my son at 36weeks on the lower part of my stomach. I have none on my stomach just legs and arms.
I am terribly itchy and she gave me a class C steroid cream. I refuse to use this because it has been found to cause cleft pallet and lip. I am taking Claritin at night and Aveeno lotion in the day.

But I was just curious if I am the only one who is getting PUPPP this early?

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• geeze I just am about to have my lights shut off, but nooo? cant recall having a rash.... I feel so bad for you mama. good luck with all that :(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I got it and it lasted the whole time! I started using the St. Ives products that moisturize; right now it's "moisture relief", I think. It has minerals and such in it that for me relieved the itching. Didn't stop the stretch marks that popped up everywhere I had the PUPPPS though- and that was everywhere lol.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 6:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i got it in my first trimester it went away in the 2nd
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i feel bad for you girl..I got hives in the beginning of pregnancy and my friend told me about PUPPP and I could imagine what your going threw..but I have heard about getting it at any point in pregnancy, its just more common later on
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Good thing this was back in Apr you dumbass. Maybe if you could stop stalking me you could find a way to pay your bills.
    Crissy1213

Comment by Crissy1213 (original poster) at 3:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2010