creative boy toddler name in room idea?

my son is alomst 16 months old and we just finished his room exept for one thing that i really want in there his name... i want his name in his room above his bed we have thought of painting it on there but i was wondering if any of you have any cool suggestions?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 6:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I bought those block letter at hobby lobby and kind did a decoupge thing on them. I put scrapbook paper that matched his room on them.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I bought wooden letters painted them and used rub-ons for decoration, I found some cute fishing hooks and flies. His dad is a big fisherman.
    Anonymous

• You didn't say how you did the room...any theme to it? I spray painted DS's name with those things they use to put letters on side walks,,, they are like stencils but come pretty big, I went back and put 45 records all around it like a frame, our motif is Elvis/ rock and roll, but you could put anything framing it,, like teddy bears or whatever,,, love to see a pic!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think big brown wooden letters would look nice with any theme the dark wood that is.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We too, bought the large wooden letters, but I covered them in a mix of "boy fabrics" (checks, plaids, stripes in blues, greens and reds) as I did an "Americana" theme in my older sons room, and a vintage sports in my other son's room--I covered his letters in baseball and football print fabrics, as well as plaids and stripes--each letter was a little different but coordinated with the room colors, border paper, bedding and accessories.

I wanted rooms that would "grow" with my children--not too old, but not too "babyish" when they were tweens/teens. I can easily change the accessories and bedding as they get older, and the themes are generic enough too. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2010