i see so many unwanted pets on craig.

why do people breed mixed dogs? i can see why people breed purebreds but mixes. it seems like such a hopeless battle trying to get people to spay neutured their pets. just venting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pets

• I just recently got a puppy from craigs list, no it was not the route I started to take, but after dealing with the shelters around me UGH! I understand they have rules, but the biggest rule I had a problem with is the fact the shelter an hour away wanted me to pull kids out of school, dh to take time off work and drive a huge great dane and a bulldog an hour one way to see if there was a dog/puppy that would fit in our family. They did make an exception to not having to bring my cat since she doesn't go outside. I filled out the application for adoption and damn if it was not longer than a loan appllication for a car. I do realize not all shelters are this strange, but the dog I wanted (saw online) had limited days to be adopted and they would not make an exception for us to adopt the dog since the hours for the shelter are limited we could not make the cut off to save the poor dog.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 3:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i know! why make more animals that noone wants? why not just adopt? and for goodness sake get your pets fixed!!!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It is sad but at least people are trying to find homes for the animals and not just dumping them somewhere, I have to give people credit for trying to do the right thing and place the animals in a home.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think most of the time it's people who for some reason or another do not get their pet fixed and it's a "oops" pregnancy. I'm not saying it's okay because I think there are plenty of animals that need to be adopted in shelters. Personally that's how I get my pups.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• IDK why most people breed animals at all. I rescued my Roscoe who is a pure bred Cocker Spaniel from deplorable conditions on craigslist.
    Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i had so many people asking to breed there female pittbull with my big male and i told them heck no!! i did get him fixed because so many people were asking and i was worried oneday someone would try to steal him! i get alot of ppl that say well you wouldve made alot of money off of him and my response is have u been to the pound?? there are so many pitts in there and so many being put down that its not worth any money what so ever to breed my dog and have his puppies end up like that. or even worse trained to fight!! ppl should start adopting!
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's all about money! People care more about money than all the poor, unwanted dogs/puppies/cats/kittens.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Most people who throw together two different breeds of dogs need money and don't want to get off their asses to get a real job. So, they profit off their poor dogs. Then, they market the designer dogs to suckers who think they are getting the newest, best, better than the Jones' dog. Meanwhile, the dogs they own are bred heat after heat until they can't breed anymore, in which case they are probably dumped outside, or at a shelter. Don't buy mixed breeds..get them from a shelter.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 4:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2010