Can underwear effect a man's ability to get an errection?

I'm asking in here because hubby would KILL me if this wasn't anonymous. The last two times we have tried to have sex he has been unable to have a full erection. It gets part way and that's it. Is it possible that changing underwear has caused this? I found some low rise briefs (mens of course) on clearance the other day so he's been wearing those. That's the ONLY thing we can think of that has changed.
It's just killing me because I'm very pregnant and feeling huge and self concious anyways then to have this on top of it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Health

• So he does not have high blood presure or a diabetic? Or some other medical problem? How old is he?

Answer by louise2 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I have heard that tight underwear can cause low sperm count but nothing related to an erection. Maybe he should have his hormone levels checked.

Answer by older at 7:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No medical problems. He's 28 so WAY too young for this!
    Anonymous

• No but if these underwear are working for him, don't tell him the truth. Let him think they are magic underwear bc it might be all in his head (no pun intended)

Answer by admckenzie at 7:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The underwear is probably not the cause, but if you are hugely pregnant, concern, worry and stress play a huge part - doesn't mean he finds you unattractive, but with the arrival imminent , he knows there are things that can go wrong, that life is about to change, that you are about to go through a tough experience, he might be aware the baby is only inches away from him during sex and whilst that's not too bad when they are little fetuses, when you start thinking of a full term baby some guys find it hard. He might not even be aware of all those pressures, but they are there deep down. He might be overtired too. If he is reassuring you that it isn't you, then I would take the pressure off. You can cuddle and snuggle, and enjoy massages, kissing etc, without it leading to sex. Try to not take it personally and there is no blame in it - at least half the men in the world experience this in some way at some time of life.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• PSthere is no "appropriate age" I just found a medical journal sight that gives these facts for USA alone

Incidence extrapolations for USA for Impotence: 617,714 per year, 51,476 per month, 11,879 per week, 1,692 per day, 70 per hour, 1 per minute, 0 per second. Note: this extrapolation calculation uses the incidence statistic: 617,715 new cases
    And that is only the guys who go to the DR. It's normal, okay and is most likely short lived,
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think it may be pressure. I'm WAY overdue so it's sex to get things moving, not for fun KWIM?
    Anonymous

• OH yeah! and then people tell you that you should have sex cos if will start labor... so it becomes a job, with a babies head an inch or two away... poor guy, poor you, no wonder his willy doesn't want to play! hang in there it's nearly over!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Hugely pregnant = not very attractive. Don't worry baby will be out soon and all will be back to normal again
    Anonymous

• He is probably turned off by the baby belly. Lots of guys are.. they think having sex is gross or weird because they feel like its intruding on the baby. lol!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2010