ugh.vent

So I just found out I'm pregnant with our 3rd child. I'm scared to tell my family because they are so judgemental about me having more kids. So far I've told my mom and her response was "your joking right"? No were not married, we don't have money growing on the trees out back, and no, none of them were planned. We have our share of problems but we give our kids a loving home, we pay our own bills, and never ask for help or rely on others to help with the kids..so if we want three then why shouldn't we be allowed? Are we really so crazy for extending our family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nope, as long as you can pay your own way it's no-one elses damn business., what seems like a low income to you could be a small fortune to another, or a pittance to some. But if you guys make it work, and love your kids, just tell the negative people to back off Eg " I'm Pregnant" ..." Oh my God what are you thinking"... just say" We are delighted and excited, your opinion doesn't matter" and then walk away, walk away, walk away.
    Congrats on the new little life, every baby is a blessing!!!!
    XX
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• no way! as long as you and your man and your kids are ok with it i dont see what the problem is. your family should be more suportive. so what if you dont have much money? money cant buy love and happiness.
    Anonymous

• HUH! I WITH YOU. MY FAMILY IS STILL PISSED IM PREGNANT AGAIN! ITS ONLY OUR SECOND! WE PAY OUR OWN BILLS, ECT. WE DONT HAVE MONEY TO BURN BUT WE ARENT HURTING. IM SORRY THAT YOUR GOING THROUGH THIS
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 7:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i feel your pain, I'm preg with #3 too, and my family was VERY unsupportive. Now that I am about to deliver they are supportive to my face, but I'm not even ready for another child. It was so much of a suprise, I still am having a hard time accepting it.
    I'm sure that when I hold her for the first time all of my doubts and insecurities will disappear, but for now, I'm miserable.

Good luck to you!! I hope your pregnancy goes well.
    Anonymous

• no i expanded mine without taking their feelings into consideration. At the end of the day they're home with you. grandparents complain at first but when they look in their new grandchilds' eyes, they will tear up. they wont be able to imagine life without them all. i've experienced the same thing only i didn't address the subject until i was 8 months. i was alone, but the same still applied. i love my kids and later 3 years later i will have one more and pray its a boy family always have enough love to give no matter what they say my last pregnancy occured when my middle child was 5 months and i have 3 total. don't worry; you are capable and you will be fine
    tasha1810

Answer by tasha1810 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• OP here- Thanks everyone...I don't feel so crazy now. I guess I just never understood what the big deal was?!
    Anonymous

• Who cares what they think? It's your family, your life, your business. But I know how you feel. I am 7 months pregnant with twins and they will be babies # 3 and 4 for us and pretty much everyone I know has made a comment about us having so many kids.... "Don't you know what causes that?" ... "Are you gonna stop after this?" ... "Are you going to get your tubes tied after they're born?".... And last week at my baby shower one of my cousins held up a magazine with Jon & Kate and all of their kids on the cover and said "Is this gonna be you in a few years?" LoL. Anyway, my point is.... everyone is entitled to their opinion ... but in the end it is really none of their business!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010