If the bm's parental rights are terminated, does her name stay on the birthcert?

??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm a birthmom, chose adoption so *I* terminated my rights. I recieved a birth cert with my name on it, and along with the adoption the a-parents received a new birth cert with their names & her new name (they changed it, which we discussed ahead of time, and which was perfectly fine with me). If this is a foster-to-adopt situation, I honestly don't know. I know a couple people who have fostered-to-adopt but never thought about it to ask them.
    Anonymous

• If it's just a parental rights severed thing then yeah it stays on there. She gave birth. You can't change that fact
    Anonymous

• Anon #2 - perfect answer!
    Anonymous

• Even when you do foster/adopt of an older child you get a new birth certificate with the adoptive parents name and the child's new name.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2010