how to get toddler to stop boo boo in pull-ups

Ok, my 2 year old, is doing really great with peeing in the potty, and boo booing in the pot without the pull-ups on, but the min i put her on her pull-ups she wont go boo boo in the pot but only in her pull-ups....does anyone know how i can get her to do it in the pot without having to take her pull-ups off? Thank you in advance for ur answers.

MummyLuv

Asked by MummyLuv at 7:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• stop putting pull ups on her. Put pretty panties on her. She won't want to ruin her pretty panties
    Anonymous

• "Boo Boo" is the result of a child getting hurt. Not that that should be the name for it either.
    Why don't you just call it what it is, and say poop?

You could just put her into underwear. If she knows she can poop in her pullups, then don't you think you should eliminate the pullups? The pullups are only holding her back. Put her in underwear and let her know that she can't poop anywhere but the potty. If you keep her in pullups she'll keep pooping in the pullups. I garuntee you she knows what you're requesting of her, but why go in the potty when you have pull ups?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No more pullups. And call it what it is - poop. A booboo is an owie. She's probably confused.
    Anonymous

• Yep, take away the pull ups. And also stop the baby talk with your child. Call a spade a spade. If its poop, call it poop, You have no idea how many weird terms parents call body parts and bodily functions. All they get out of it is there is something wrong with the real word. Boo Boo? Last time I checked that was an owie.
    Anonymous

• don't you mean pooping.
    Anonymous

• so many people have problems with words that other people like to use...thats just judgemental and or childish. In the pantie section at the store, they will have cloth pull ups that are just like panties but thicker in the area that needs to be thick. I think they would be best while she learns. That's what I bought my girl when she was potty training.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 8:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Its shouldnt matter what i call her feces...she know what boo boo is.she know when she does it.....if she understand what it means then its ok with me....and when she has a "boo boo* as u called it...she tell me she is hurt...so we have a wonderful understanding of how things work...so thank u for trying to correct me with the calling of her feces...but boo boo is what she calls it...*smiles*
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 8:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree, stop calling it boo boo, it sounds ridiculous and get rid of the pull ups!!!! It's that simple, of course she will poop in them you keep putting her in them
    Anonymous

• Pull ups are too much like a diaper- they pull the wetness away and mentally she thinks that she can. If she does a good job without them, then remove them from the equation. Let her shop for some new big girl panties and make it a special event. Always carry a change of clothes, wipes and a plastic bag in case of accidents.

You may want to keep the pull ups in case of going out for long periods of time or when bathrooms are not convenient for little ones. This is where they are helpful- but any other time, let her get the hang of it!

Good luck.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• every kid is different.. try putting her in under wear so if she has an accident she can feel it.. my 3 yr isn't potty trained either I will not punish her for that..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2010