52% of tea party supporters say they were taxed "fairly" this year. Thoughts?

Seems a bit odd, seeing that "tea" stands for "taxed enough already"!!!

Also, a huge majority of tea party supporters are:

male
white
middle age
upper middle class/wealthy

Pretty typical...since the middle-aged white male has it easiest in the USA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why is it that some of you ladies can't debate a point without the name calling and insults? What is so difficult about passing on your views without demeaning someone elses?

Answer by older at 8:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• lololol I am going to just refrain for now..but psst your ignorance is showing..keep reaaaaaaching
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• really? it was just tea party people? I would say the half of the people polled who say the taxes are just right are the ones who pay no taxes. Which is about half the country.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Also the bigger concern is what the tax burden will become after Obama and his progressive cronies in congress are done with the unlimited spending spree.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• OP

It was just the tea party supporters who were polled.

And tnmomofive- exactly what "ignorance" am I showing? Please enlighten me, All Knowlegeable One.
    Anonymous

• I don't see what is ignorant about the question. Polls quoted on newscasts state that about 80% of teaparty people are over 50, white and middle class and it does seem borne out by newscasts showing them , especially those filmed indoors where the majority seem to be plump, well into middle age and white . A lot of women so I am not so sure about the preponderance of males.

They do not visibly seem to be suffering from the incidence of taxation.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• 1-It's not the 2009 taxes people are worried about. Google tax increases for 2010, 2011, and beyond.

2-Almost half of all Americans don't pay Federal tax. They have nothing to complain about.

3-The demographic you have listed are the one's who vote at a very high rate. The one's who don't care enough to vote don't care enough to complain.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Anonymous

• The anonymous person whose reply followed mine is wrong if indeed it is my reply she is referring to. i am white, not black, I am in my 30s and I am liberal on some issues but not on others. I do not have everything handed to me, my husband works and we pay taxes.

And I never shelter behind the cloak of anonymity as I am never ashamed of my views and opinions
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• idk ask all of those infilterating the tea partys.They cannot even pull it off either showing up with signs like 'F*ck the poor' that worked out real well lol.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010