What reaffirms your beliefs more?

When you think you've proven anothers beliefs "wrong" or when you see something happen that reaffirms your own beliefs? Does anothers beliefs have to be shown as "wrong" in order for you to feel your beliefs are "right" for yourself?

If you never had the opportunity to tell another they are wrong for what they believe, do you think you'd feel your beliefs slipping away?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. If I lived on a desert island with no contact with other humans, I'd still believe they way I do.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I don't share my beliefs to prove anyone wrong. I think this is one of the ways things get lost during the belief vs. non belief debate. Lost in translation. For those who don't believe, it may very well be all about pride and self will about being "right". For those who are believers it is about being a humble servant for the will of God. I'm not saying that all who claim to be believers are this way or even are able to come across this way. I am only saying that is one of the differences in views that causes misunderstanding.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Proving another wrong does nothing to reaffirm my beliefs. Continual study of the bible, and just seeing what God has created and done reaffirms it.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I don't need to argue and try to prove someone's beliefs wrong to feel right with my beliefs. I simply share what I believe, and go on my way. Now, if someone is misinformed about religious things, I will correct them. But I will not battle it out.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Definitely when I see something happen that reaffirms my own beliefs. I'm not interested in proving anyone else wrong. I believe faith is a journey that can take all of us in different directions, and I respect that.  I have my own strong beliefs and I've had many meaningful experiences that have reaffirmed my beliefs through events in my own life.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• What reaffirms my beliefs is enlightenment from Yahweh, and he graciously adds the proof for me without me asking. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Nope my beliefs get reaffirmed through experience and things I learn.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No, I don't have to prove someone else wrong to reaffirm my beliefs. I see that happen a lot, though, amongst Christians and nonbelievers--or people of other faiths. A lot of people get really angry when discussing religion and beliefs...I don't understand why.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My beliefs are not dependent on what other people believe, or on whether they could be right or not. My beliefs are centered in love and compassion, and those are things that are compatible with any belief system.

I'm also a strong believer that diversity of faith is something God intended and has a purpose for.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2010