Do you think....

people who don't "witness" their beliefs, or constantly tell you about their beliefs whenever given the opportunity don't have enough faith in their beliefs?

If someone doesn't ever say anything about how they think YOU would benefit from THEIR beliefs, that their beliefs just don't run deep enough?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• JMO, I don't need to tell everyone about my beliefs. That doesn't mean that they aren't strong in me. All that matters is that I stay true to myself and live my life according to my beliefs.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Sometimes the best example of what someone believes is how they live, not by what they tell others to believe.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Not necessarly...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree with duckigirl. I dont think lack of talking really means insecurities and it may just be part of someones personality not to talk too much (Unlike me! lol) Maybe talking about it too much means you are confident in your beliefs too. I think there are alot of answers to this question.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No, I really think it is self serving to witness all the time and its not really done for Jesus. The person who needs to witness constantly is getting  a boost to their own ego needs and they're not doing it out of any concern for the other person. We are supposed to love one another, you can't build true loving relationships with people of different beliefs if you can't hold normal conversations with anyone.

I don't want to be around someone who is only pastoralises to me because they believe it will assure them a place in Heaven, I want someone to talk to me because they care about what I have to say, that's how you truly connect to other people and show love.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Everyone just does what their place of worship teaches them to do. I only have one teacher, and one Father [the Messiah, and Yahweh] The bible is my only instruction manual. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No, I think they're just decent human beings. I don't know of a single religion that says you should go around telling everyone to join their religion. The people who insist on telling everyone that they should join their religion really don't understand their own religion IMO.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No my beliefs are mine and your are yours. My doing so would be pushing my beliefs.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i think before you discuss the details or YOUR beliefs with someone you have to have a certain relationship with them to even take you seriously or at least listen respectfully. Just because I don't walk around minstering all day doesn't mean i don't do it with my life and my actions. sometimes actions truly do speak louder than words.
    I don't think thats for you to judge, and I think it depends entirely on the person.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I don't think so, no. Someone can have a strong commitment to their beliefs, can be filled with the conviction that what they believe is right for them without feeling as though they must disrespect others by assuming they, themselves, cannot also find what is right (for them) or works best (for them). Just because I believe one way, or because one particular belief works for me, doesn't' mean that its right for everyone or that they MUST also adhere to my way - there is more than one way, IMO...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2010