I dont even know if he's right for me anymore,

Im getting married June 12th, well suppose to be anyway. I have really had it with him though. Whenever we got together we were 15 & 16. But we met at 3 & 4 and grew up together. When we were dating he was the perfect match for me. Now he is the complete opposite, its like he changed every little thing about himself in 3 years. I guess you'd have to know him to understand that, but it seems liek he doesnt help me out at all with our son, he doesnt support me emotionally either. Its like he doesnt give a damn about anything. We dont even have sex anymore. If we do, it lasts maybe 2 minutes, and its all about him. Its not fun like it used to be. I gave up pretty much everything when I got pregnant, ecspecially my social life, and he's all i have right now as a friend. But hes such a d*ck! I dont even know if I want to stay with him. Ive been waiting so long hoping the old him would come back, I think ive hit my breaking point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• and he doesnt want to talk about anything! If we do talk, he trys to say Im just complaining, and nagging about stuff for attention. I really want to stay with him, but he just wont work with me! What should I do?
    Anonymous

• Well first of all i think you should conceal the wedding. I think you two need to face this head on and see what is broken and fix it if it's fixable.
    Anonymous

• You need to ask him what's wrong. Sounds to me like he is having second thoughts himself. Adults sit and talk things out, so that's what you need to do.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• sounds like he is as done with you as you are with him.... dont get married.......talk about it...i married my first husband because i felt obligated because of pregnancy.....i know stupid right.... talk about things before you marry.....or break up
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• dont marry him,your gonna both waste your time and his...you know what he is like....if you dont like it dont marry him cause he is very likely NOT to change.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• That's a bad situation to be in..Its never good falling out of love..But that's where it seems like you both are at..So much for the honeymoon..You come off so strong and this seems already solved in your book...Your just hanging in there..But don't set yourself up for failure. Live your life with someone that's going to make you happy always..Your baby deserves that..Hope you find peace in this somehow rather you stay or if you go..I believe you shouldn't marry unless your heart, mind and body tell you so..But if flags are raising before the ceremony it must be a sign. WAITE
    Time2BBeautiful

Answer by Time2BBeautiful at 8:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree with Time2BBeautiful you should wait and when you decide this is the way to go then you will know but do not rush in. Its better to hold off a wedding then try to get a divorce after.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You have not had a chance to really live life yet. Tell him you need a break and get out there and live before settling down.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you have answered your own question, dear... Just remember, a marriage certificate is not a magic fix- he won't change just because you tied the knot.
    If he won't work with you now, it will probably be even worse later. What about a catastrophic illness, like if you get cancer or something? Would you & your son be able to rely on him fully for EVERYTHING? From what you have said, it doesn't sound like it :(
    Relationships are a 2-way street. You can do everything in your power to make things better, but if he won't even try, it's not going to do anything on his end.
    Good luck... I hope things work out for the best for you, whichever way that may be!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have gone through three divorces. That's right, three of them. All I can say is if you have any doubts, do not marry him! I will give you some hope though, I have gotten married for the fourth time (sigh) and at least this time I got it right. :)
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010