How can I easily get rid of CC (cradle cap)

Nothing is working. Its sticking to his head & refuses to come loose. Its bugging me. Hes four months old!!!

NoRegrets_09

Asked by NoRegrets_09 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what I did, and it took many tried but eventually worked, was applying vaseline to my sons head before a bath then wash like normal, and comb his hair afterwards. I was surprised how much was removed!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I rub with baby oil and let it sit for a while, then wash regularly. You really have to massage the oil in and let it sit for it to work- and use a lot. lol It has to get under and around the flakiness in order to clear it up.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• try olive oil....its natural and works wonders on that kind of stuff...its very say....key word .......NATURAL....
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 8:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i just rubbed baby oil on a couple times a day....even when it appearss to be gone.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• olive oil and a fine tooth comb

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i agree on the olive oil- massage in and scrub gently with a wash cloth
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 9:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Oil and fine toothed comb. You just rub in the oil let it sit for a while, then take the baby comb or whatever and work at it for a while. It eventually gets it out.

Doesn't always work for everyone, but it did work for both my girls.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 9:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yep basically what these moms said. I took baby oil, massaged her head with it, combed it out with a fine toothed comb, then washed out the baby oil. May take a couple washings, but it was all out when I did it once.

Don't leave the baby oil in all day. Some people do that for some reason I don't understand.
    Kersten

Answer by Kersten at 10:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• baby oil, rub it into the scalp really good, let it sit for a half hour or so then comb it out, GENTLY, with a baby comb. Then get a wash cloth with baby soap rinse and it should get most of it out.
    samanthar140

Answer by samanthar140 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Wash baby's head every other day with Selsun Blue....DO NOT get into baby's eyes when rinsing!! Pat head dry,, then apply 4 drops of regular mineral oil and massage into scalp. use brush from hospital a few hours later. should clear up in a week or two!
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 10:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2010