Can someone help me to make a plan of the way i need to control this situation im 16 and pregnant.

Before i tell my dad (mom is deceased) i want to have a plan of everything so he see's that im responsible enough to care for my baby. honestly i dont know what i need to do in order to be a parent. What are somethings i need to do. I will be a single teen mom. The dad is denying that the baby is his when i know for a fact he is. Anways i just need help making a to do list. Thanks for all the help. Please no rude comments

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call mtv!
    Anonymous

• Why don't you sent me a message and we can chat more about a plan I will get back to you in the early AM I have to be in to work at 5 AM So i will write you back at 3-330AM.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Lol, Hmm..There's a huge list. Dont know either to start but go to the social services office and ask if they can help you out with some parenting classes.
    Anonymous

• well before u do anything u need to see ur if ur dad would even be acceptable of the fact of u having a child...im not sure if ur working or anything...but first and foremost ur going to have to beable to show ur dad that u can take care of the child with ur own money....or u can get help from public aid. u need to show him that ur taking care of everything right now....in fact i really would like to help u..so u can show ur father u can do it...and show him that u have taken some step to prove to him that ur going to do ur best...why dont u inbox me if u feel comfy.
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 8:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Getting ready for a baby doesn't have to be hard. I'd begin by going to an OB-GYN and getting that set up. If dad's insurance won't cover your pregnancy then you may have to ask for state medical aid. To heck with the father of the baby. If he wants to be a jerk then fine. Many of us have gone through pregnancy alone. I'd sign up for parenting classes. They can help you acquire things you need for when the baby gets here. Education about the pregnancy and parenting is the most important thing. Then tell dad. My dd was a teen when she got pregnant. There will be shock and anger and OMG and all sorts of drama from a mom. Not sure how dads take it but it will all settle down.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You need to have a plan for how you are going to finish school and support a baby. Do you work? Does your school have child care? You need to have a plan for getting a paternity test once the baby is born and so that the child support can start ASAP. This takes forever so the sooner the better. How are you going to get all the stuff that you need for a baby? 2nd hand stores are good if you don't have much money. Hope that starts to help.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• omg, she did NOT say ask dad if it's ok to be pregnant did she? how funny is that? dad cannot force you to have an abortion so he can deal with it or not. If he kicks you out then call CPS. He can't kick a minor child out.
    Anonymous

• I would see about getting your GED. You can probably take the prep class and pass the test in the next few months. I would not wait to tell your dad that long, but if you make a plan to take the class and sign up for a test date that will show you are serious about being responsible enough to have a baby. I would also get a full time job and start saving money for when the baby comes. If you get your GED before the baby is born then you are already ahead of the game. Once you get the GED you can apply at a local college and do online courses and still be home with your baby.
    Good Luck, you are in for a wild ride, just make a plan and stick to it.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 8:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Go to your church or a church in your area.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I would take parenting classes and do alot of research on how much a child costs and how to change diapers, what to do if such and such happened. I didn't know much before I had my daughter but alot of it came from common sense and leaning from others with babies. And I had my daughter at 21! It is alot of responsibility, time, money and committment raising a child.
    I'm proud to see someone like you own up to your responsibilities. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and you want to do what you feel is best. Ignore the anon up there.
    Anonymous