How do you find balance in your life?

how do you keep balance in your life, with kids, your husband, keeping the house clean and the bills paid and at the end of the day feel accomplished. All with keeping your head on straightt??

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Stand on both feet instead of just one,lol.
    Just kidding... I just take one day at a time and live day by day. In the end, it all comes together.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• From what I heard from several very experienced moms that really there is no balance. For me I just set priorities and take things as they come. It also helps that my husband and I have set things we are primarily responsible for. That way I'm not overwelmed and he's not either and we work more as a team. We both understand that caring for kids takes time and energy so we are more forgiving when we dont' always get the time we need for certain things.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I dont stress if the house is not clean. I just make sure my son is happy and fed. I spend as much time with my SO as possible and with our son. When I go to work I enjoy the break from the craziness. Then while my son is asleep I do chores or catch up on sleep.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I actually wake up an hour earlier than the kids usually do so that I can enjoy a cup of coffee before I have to actually get moving. I also write out a small goal list for the day and check them off as I accomplish them. At the end of the day I feel accomplished. I also have the kids help me as much as they can. My kids enjoy helping me around the house. It may not always be done right but I'm glad that they try. I guess the only way I can really make it is to take a deep breath if I start to feel overwhelmed and move on.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I found that if you clean up dishes just after a meal, quickly wipe down something in the bathroom every time you go in there, put junk mail in the trash as soon as you take it out of the mailbox, that helps. Every night I go through the house and pick up pieces of laundry and put them in the laundry basket. The kids and I make cleaning up their rooms a game. As far as spending time with hubbie, I have friends who have date nights every Friday night. Hubbie and I have more fun spending a whole day together, so we'll plan something once a month.
    Tinker_Jo

Answer by Tinker_Jo at 10:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I have my DD help me clean. She's 2 so I give her simple tasks like pick up the toys and her dirty clothes. She likes to help out and it keeps her busy so I can get my stuff done. plus when she's finished I let her watch the Wiggles, and I get quiet time!!!! As far as spending time with my hubby, we wait til the kids are asleep for the night, then we can watch a movie or something.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 11:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Liquor and lots of it lol

I try to have a little quiet time for myself each day to do the things I enjoy doing. Helps me stay sane.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 2:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i don't think i achieve balance on a daily basis at all. i am always reviewing the family life though. every new years and every fall...usually in the spring a bit too. sometimes major things happen and our focus has to be mainly on that, then we recover and focus on the things that were "neglected". i don't think my life will ever be perfect, but i will always be trying to do better!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2010