I just HAD to post this

Since some people denied the fact that this occurs, I wanted to post this article. I don't know how to do links so I will post the first paragraph or so, to give you an idea of what it is about:

President Obama has asked the Department of Health and Human Services to establish a rule that would prevent hospitals from denying visitation privileges to gay and lesbian partners

The president's Thursday memo said, "There are few moments in our lives that call for greater compassion and companionship than when a loved one is admitted to the hospital. ... Yet every day, all across America, patients are denied the kindnesses and caring of a loved one at their sides."

Gay and lesbian Americans are "uniquely affected" by relatives-only policies at hospitals, Obama said, adding that they "are often barred from the bedsides of the partners with whom they may have spent decades of their lives -- unable to be there for the person

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/15/hospital.gay.visitation/
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• well thats great, but I stilll completely against the health care bill.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• How do you DO that?!! Thank you
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I wasn't asking about the health care bill.
    sahmamax2

• yay Obama
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Sah : when you go to the post part ( you cant do it in the ask question part) see where it says full editor? click that then paste link in box then you will see BI U S A  then next to A  a button that has link sign click that then paste the link on first box and click ok and your set

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• as for the article.. altho Im against gay marriage.. if I read it right, they have to be married do be allowed this.. fine but if not then they need to allow all not just family but people of the dying persons choice .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree with Shaneagle777
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Ahhh I got it!!!!Thanks so much Shan....thats been bugging me for soooo long!!

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2010