does any one

have a teenager that requires alot of attention more than you feel is normal how do you handel it

mia35

Asked by mia35 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Do you not like your teen?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I do. I give her the attention. I know why she is needing it and what her issues are. I take her to counseling and try to make her feel as comfortable as possible given her circumstances in this life. And yes, I like my teen, in fact....I Love Her. : )
    Anonymous

• yes i love my teen it just seems that he requires more than most and was just wondering if this was normal why does it have to always be so negitive i just ask a simple question as for the anonymous question thank you for your answer we have been looking into counseling for him as well i am grateful for your non judgemental answer
    mia35

Answer by mia35 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I don't know what is more than usual. I have three kids and one is more into me than the other two. She likes to lunch with me to shop with me do do stuff. I soak it up while i have it. Heck we just went on a college visit 3,000 miles away. I knew she did not want to go there, she knew she didn't want to go there. Still she wanted me to take her. I think she just loved the idea of a whole weekend with me to her self. She loves to be with her dad too. She will soak him up later. lol
    So I don't know what is the right answer to tell you. If you think she is too clingy find stuff for her to do. Outside interests. I took my daughter to classes to learn how to paint. Which she loved. or a book club or sewing.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010