Is it possible to co- parent in the same house!!

Can two exes stay in the same house and raise their kids together? Is it a good idea or not. Just a question.

HeavenTrinJr

Asked by HeavenTrinJr at 9:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think it's a good idea. JMO, the adults have to get on with their own lives and have other happy, healthy relationships. That would be very difficult for all parties if you are living with the ex's are living together.

It won't hurt the kids to have the parents in different houses as long as the parents are on the same page. My parents divorced when I was 12 and I think it would have been very confusing to me if they stayed in the same house. My child's mind would have thought they were together or were going to get back together.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• well if they can do that... why bother to be ex's??
    Anonymous

• Yes. I did that with my ex for about a yr.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think it would be hard. It may work for some though
    Anonymous

• bad idea
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• it depends on the people, i could never co parent in the same house if/when my husband and i get divorced, but im sure there are people who do not same the feelings of hatred toward their ex as i do(my case soon to be ex)
    Anonymous

• We have friends who bought a one bedroom condo; the parents switched weeks at the house. It worked well for them.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2010