Know it's early but...

okay, so obviously I'm pregnant, still have a while before I find out what the sex is, but if it's a boy I REALLY want to name him Gavin..

now SO really wants Jones for the middle name (after his grandfather) and I really want Morse for the middle name (after my grandfather)...But we really don't like them for first names, how do we decide which to use if it's a boy, and/or can a boy have two middle names? I know girls can, my daughter has two middle names, but can boys?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• First, I love love love Gavin! A good friend named her son Gavin and he is the cutest stinkin' thing!!! I love that kid!! It's great name.

Second, of course boys can have two middle names! I'm pretty sure that they can have as many names as you want to give them - but for simplicity it's best to keep it to a minimum. If I get a vote (which I know I don't) I say two middle names is just fine :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Why not go ahead and use them both and have two middle names. There is nothing wrong with it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Sure boys can have two middle names. They can have 10 middle names if you want. It's totally up to you.

My son is Jacob Lewis-James. His father and I had some disagreements too, so I just did it that way.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Gavin Jones Morse and then your last name. I have cousins that have 2 and 3 middle names. No biggie.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Well thank you all, I was thinking of Gavin Morse-Jones (last name is Bennett).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Gavin was easy enough, it's the irish form of my french last name.. lol, (and I have more irish in me than french), and it's the last name of his favorite personal "hero"
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• 2 middle names is perfectly fine.
    Morse would be a horrible 1st name. He would get made fun of at school alot! And jones is a good 2nd middle name.
    So go for it! Do all 3 (=
    Anonymous