I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT

I am 5'4 and about 176. My pre-pregnancy weight was 180 so I am below it, thankfully. Before I got pregnant I was with my ex for 2 years and I guess I felt comfortable enough around him to not worry about how I looked or what I ate. But, I didnt realize that I had let myself get as big as I am. I truly can not stand to look at myself. I am eating 10x's healthy now and I dont eat a lot. I work a full time job then come home and take care of my son. I dont have time to work out. Is there anything else I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• sparkpeople.com--- huge help to me. Check it out, it's worth your time.
    Anonymous

• Yes you do. I am sure you watch tv or sit on the computer. You can lift small weights then or use resistance bands. Build up muscle mass and it will burn up fat for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I started Adkins and have lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks... you are SO very hungry the first few days but your body will adjust and just start dropping lbs... I think I would have lost more but Easter I didn't follow it and gained a little bit since I ate the wrong things.. and drank beer.... but with any diet you are going to have days that you fall off, just try really hard to get back on it the next meal or day... I you want more info just pm me..

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 9:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• there is always a half hour to devote to exercise, a half our a day 3 times a week will do wonders getting you in shape and helping you feel healthier. eat 6 small meals a day, never cut out carbs because they cause your body to release insulin so they and whatever else you eat with them are broken down very quickly, always eat carbs before a work out. really you can find a 30 minute cardio video in a 2 dollar bin at the store, do that every other day. also never get discourages and give up, it takes time, good luck
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i agree with others, you have to work out. i agree with rkoloms diet too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Try cutting meat out of your diet for a few weeks, or only eating one meal with meat once a week. You might be suprised at how much more energy you have (provided the rest of your diet is balanced), which will help you get more active. If you are not ready for such a change, start substituting one meal a day (preferably dinner) with a salad. Not just lettuce and tomato either. Try a big salad of spinach, carrot, and dried fruit and nuts.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 4:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• im doing the 30 day shred to get rid of my "baby" fat. its working wonders! i would definately try it if you up to the challenge! its a pain in the butt! LOL GL :)
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You have to burn more than you take in .... so you need to work out if you want to lose. There are lots of things you can do to "workout" when you think you don't have time.

For example, while you are driving in the car, you can tone your abs by sucking in your stomach .. hold for a few seconds, let it out and just keep doing it. OR you could suck it in to the beat of the music. Do the same thing sitting at your computer. If you have time to watch TV, you have time to work out. Do crunches, squat,leg lifts or weights while watching TV.

Start & end each day and each meal with a glass of water.

LOTS of other things you can do .. message me if you want more suggestions.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I lost weight with nutritional rebalancing and have kept it off for almost 8 months now. It is a healthy way to supply your body with all the nutrients it needs and lose weight at the same time. Message me if you want more info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 8:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2010