How do I get rid of these stupid fruit flies? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I put a little dish with vinegar (or in a pinch pickle juice) with a dash of dish soap. My sister found some cute little fruit fly traps last year that you just leave on the counter, they look like a decoration. I'll be looking for those this year.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You have to get rid of the fruit or vegetable that they are after. After that, they have nothing to feed on and will die off.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Keep fruit/veggies in bags or in fridge. Put a quarter cup of OJ into a mug and put one drop of dishwashing liquid in it. If you over do the liquid, it over powers the juice and they won't go in. Just put the drop in and it's enough to kill them...at least it's worked for me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• we started watering our plants with a little peroxide in the water...we think that is where they are breeding. we have tried the vinegar. i will be looking for fruit fly traps bloobird was talking about.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• you can make a vinegar trap... u just need a bottle or vase with a big bottom but narrow neck. then you put in apple cider vinegar and that will attract the fruit flies. they go in but can't get back out and then die in there. the vinegar must dissolve their bodies or something bc you don't have to clean it out or anything. just make sure there is always vinegar in there. works great i promise ;)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010