he runs and throws himself on the floor when i discipline him.

if i tell my son he can't do something, he'll run, and literally throw himself on the floor (i cant believe he never gets hurt doing this). is this something i should allow? or should i make him stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ignore him when he does it. He'll stop eventually.
    Anonymous

• you just need to let him...you can't give in and he'll learn that it won't work...whats the worst thats gonna happen....a bruise or two
    Anonymous

• Well maybe you should get him a helmet, and not paying for any dental work just yet,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Stop telling him what he can't do and show him what he CAN do. You will see a big difference in his attitude.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Just ignore it. He will stop doing it when you don't give a reaction.
    Anonymous

• "Stop telling him what he can't do and show him what he CAN do. You will see a big difference in his attitude."

Good grief. I don't think there is any child, no matter how good, that you can go their whole life never telling them "no". I mean, I see the point and all, but that's just extreme.

When he throws himself on the ground, what do you do? Run to him and coddle him? If so, that's what he's looking for. I agree with the others, ignore it. If he hurts himself, he'll stop. If he hurts himself but continues, that's abnormal....
    Anonymous

• I send my daughter to her room and if she dosent go on her own I take her and I will close the door and I tell her not to come out tell she is ready to behave and it works
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 11:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i agree with most of the above....it's a tantrum.... ignore it and he'll stop.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My little girl used to do that... It lasted about 3weeks, but stopped once she realized it didn't work. I would either step over her and leave the room or stare at her like she had lost her mind. Once she started to calm down I would calmly ask her if she was done. Usually she would say yes and I would ask her if she was ready to talk about it. Then we would cuddle and talk about what I wanted her to do and why.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2010