My belly is numb! Has this happened to anyone else?

I am almost 30 weeks pregnant with twins (as a lot of you already know LoL) and for the last few weeks or so, the center of my belly, like all around my belly button and out (almost) to my sides, it is numb and tingly feeling. Like whenever I touch belly in that area, I can barely feel it ... it's the same as when your foot falls asleep almost. LoL.

I'm sure it's no big deal... just wondering what would cause it ... ?

I asked the nurse about it today at my doctor's appointment. She said "Mention it to the doctor," but by the time the doctor came in I forgot all about it. LoL.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I have that and I'm 30 weeks with just one. I just assume it's because my skin is so stretched that my nerve endings aren't able to cover that much area. It goes away when I'm not pregnant.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• my belly was numb w/ my first high up under my right breast. i had a lot of pressure/rib pain in the area. then it was even numb in a small area after pregnancy! and now i'm 30 weeks pregnant w/ my 2nd, and it's numb in a larger area there under my right breast.

i think it's the pressure messing up our nerves but idk :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2010