I posted earlier about how teacher said sons shirt was inappropriate

Still scratching my head with this one. Son has been wearing shirts to school all year,,,that just say,,"skin" No gang relation, no porno pics,,but she told him thats what the company of the shirt represents. He had to turn his shirt inside out for the rest of the day. I have an idea here,,,,I think we should ban Nike products from school as well. Why,,,b/c Nikes main spokesperson is STILL TIger Woods. Different you say? I say its the same thing....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Who cares? If they find it inappropriate don't have him wear it. What is so hard to understand?
    Anonymous

• Was this HER PERSONAL opinion, or was this the school policy that such shirts were not allowed?

Anonymous

• Go to the principal. Is this the TEACHER'S policy or the school's policy? If it's a school policy you can't do much other than transfer your son....which IMO would be ridiculous over a t-shirt.
    Anonymous

• Why push it? Just have him wear shirts that don't say anything.
    Anonymous

• Take it to the principal and tell him if "skin" is inappropriate he can either buy your sons clothes or make mandatory uniforms so no one can be offended. Take your nike example with you be strong and say that the teacher needs to be unbiased in her decisions and that her cultural/religions beliefs need not effect her work with the students otherwise that is infringing on separating church from school.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• http://leftcoastthreads.com/skinindustries-m-9.html?gclid=CIqk_NyYiqECFRkBiQodUBTNRQ

Just a glance at the website and I see a couple things that might make it "off-limits" at school....
    Anonymous

• OP here...I get you guys. Do you ever just get a bee in your bonnet and just have to burn the little bug out? Thats where Im at tonight. Im taking this personally, as an attack regarding my morals and values as a parent. Would I ever send son to school in something that I thought wasnt appropriate school attire? Hell no. When I went to pick him up and his shirt was inside out,,,and he explained to me what happened,,,,it just really bothered me that she humiliated my kid like that. I bought the shirts, I am the parent who approved the shirts,,,
    Anonymous

• thanks anon 7:42, I will check that out
    Anonymous

• I looked it up and it seems like all the "skin" industries shirts have a silhouette of a naked woman on them somewhere. So yes, that is inappropriate for school. Sometimes it's small.. but it was on every shirt on the Tilly's website.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• anon 7:47...the t-shirts son has,,,just say the word, "skin", no naked ladies on them anywhere. Thank you for checking it out. The shirts are gone,,,,,,Im sending him tomorrow in his sisters scooby doo t-shirt,,,lol
    Anonymous