How much money for babysitting for my mother? HELP

I am a stay at home mom and my mother needs someone to watch my 2 little sisters for the summer for about 10 hours a day they are 10 and 7 and i have to provide meals.... we are not that close but i dont want my sisters going to a stranger... how much would you charge? also i do not live with her i live with my SO and obviously our son.

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 10:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• It depends on how much she makes. I wouldn't charge her anything to be honest. I make around 500 a week, I pay a babysitter 200 a week, but my mother in law, I pay 100 to 150 depending on how much I make. But I have three kids and most sitters want 300 a week.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Call a day care that watches older kids during the summer and ask how much they charge
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• same here i wouldnt charge. i always babysat for my brothers and sisters for free... so idk
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I was going to say $50 a week or maybe twice what you think they will eat, or charge her half what the area child care places would charge her. She and they are family, but your time is worth something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2010