surving divorce?

who left who
why
and your overall thoughts

thanks a head of time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I divorced my first because he lied a lot. It was sad to me because we'd been together since I was 14. But I took it as an opportunity to do what I wanted and figure out what I liked. I spent time reading and contemplating the meaning of life. I went to college for the first time. I'd take the kids to the park and really enjoy their laughter. I'd stay up with my kids on friday nights watching movies and eating popcorn. I wasn't overly eager to find someone new. I was focused on enjoying my life. I was never sure about being alone before. But this time in my life taught me the value of independance. I did met someone new a year later. To this day I still love living alone but I am with my husband because I like him. I believe in enjoying every stage in your life. Even the sad times. It's your life and it is meant to be lived even if things don't always go the way you expected.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I left,,,my ex went to jail for dv,,,he got a felony conviction. When I went to see the attorney, to file for divorce, it was the hardiest thing I have ever gone through in my life. You know how attorneys are usually just ready to kick ass for you. I just looked at her and didnt know what I wanted. I knew I couldnt go back to that life though. I have been divorced for 4 yrs now,,and Im still trying to put the pieces back together for my kids and I. But I know today,,we are so much better off then that life we had back then.
    Anonymous

• It's not easy at first but it gets better in time. Just stay busy and get on with life. Give yourself time to grieve over the death of the relationship but don't stay bogged down there. Limit the grief. Then go find the right guy.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2010