how do you ask for more time and more communication when you, yourself is scared to talk?

i have something major to talk to my BF about. i know that he'll be understanding and accepting, but i dont want to talk to him about it before we go to bed, or when we are in foreplay or after sex. its about my son and his Bio-Dad... basically that they are meeting in a few days.

i just want to talk to him about it- express my fears and hopes on the situation... but its like we never talk anymore.

its not really b/c of him. i'm sure i could find the time to talk to him... its just that i'm SCARED to talk. not just about that, but about anything.

(i'm sure i'd feel the same way with anyone, but BF is literally the only person i talk with. Bio-Dad- i only talk with him about the upcoming visit and DS.. and there's really no one else... yea, i need friends. i dont even know how to make friends- never had one in my ENTIRE life. i'm 21)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• email your boyfriend....sometimes that is easier cause you can get everything out with out anyone talking back or interrupting.

Anonymous

• just blurt it out. I am TERRIBLE with sharing my emotions. Just take a deep breath and say something. The longer you play out various scenarios in your mind, the harder it becomes to say anything.
    Next time you and your bf are sitting around and there is a lull in conversation just say it. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I'm the opposite.... I'm such a communicator and my husband, not so much. I just wanted to say you're really blessed to be with a guy who is understanding. I hope you find the courage you need! I'm sorry you're so lonely, but glad you have a good guy!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Time is running out. Just blurt it out.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I would just start talking. I'm not sure exactly what it is that you are so scared of, since you say he will be so understanding. So, I think blurting it out, as others have said, would be the best way to get it started. Or just tell him you need to talk to him, but you're really scared, so could he please just listen and not talk? Or something along those lines.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010