Need movie help for a college class. Please help!!

I am taking a Psychopharmacology class and need to watch a movie that deals with a MAJOR drug or alcohol addiction issue. I know "Blow" is one, that is the one everyone in the class is doing. I want to different movie. I have to watch the movie and write a paper. I am not a movie watcher, so I have no idea of movies. PLEASE HELP!!!

Asked by tyfry7496 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• jeez!!! As a mom who (finally) graduated college- I want to say sorry that on this site there is no question off limits for some women to be assholes. Try to take it easy, good luck on your paper.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• google it
    Anonymous

• requium for a dream. Good luck. It is an effed up movie, but everyone in your class will end up watching it after you write your report (it is sooo good- and disturbing)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• oh, the drug abused is heroin
    bloomsr

• Anon: That is not very helpful!! I don't have the patience or time to google and dig through all kinds of movies. I do have other things to do before watching the movie.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Leaving Las Vegas
    Anonymous

• I think they made a movie out of the book "Go Ask Alice" which was all about a teenager who becomes a drug addict.
    Anonymous

• Scarface
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• watch a movie trailer for A Requium of a Dream. It is an amazing piece that follows 4 people as they fall deeper and deeper into drug abuse. It "follows" them for a year and shows what lenghts they go to acquire the drug and what happens to each of them at the end of the year (following their abuse). One of the abusers is a grandma (she abuses diet pills... it sounds lame, but it isn't).
    Anonymous

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2010