painful breast lump

i woke up Wednesday morning with a sore right boob, i checked both breasts and in the sore boob i found a hard-ish lump under my aerola against my chest, its very sore and it hurts to walk, hug and lay down. im going to the doctor tommorow. im very worried im only 19 yr old

any experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Health

• i did and i freaked out i couldnt get to the dr soon enough, but it ended up being a swollen milk gland
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• yes, i had tree hard lumps in my breasts when i was 18 and about to graduate highschool. i had to get them removed and when they were out they told me the lumps were benign tumors. it may very well be a benign tumor which you will want to have removed however it is not harmful at all...they will also do an ultrasound to tell you if it looks cancerous or not...really messed up the end of my senior year though haha, i do have 3 scars on my boobs but they've faded dramatically and i can barely see them
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding by any chance? Or are you pregnant or a new mom? When I was pregnant and even sometimes now ( I am breastfeeding my 8 month old) I get these pinkish looking lumps that are really painful and they last for a few days and then disappear. They pop up even in my armpit sometimes. They are swollen milk glands. So it could be that...which is not dangerous at all...just uncomfortable. Could also be cyst. If you are worried its cancer, it is HIGHLY unlikely.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• thanks i hope that's it is
    Anonymous

• three*
    aliishott2

• im not breastfeeding and im on depo so i don't get a menstrual
    Anonymous

• yeah the depo shot is know for that....but good thing u are getting checked out better safe than sorry and hopefully its nothing serious
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i am glad you are getting it checked out too. please research your bc options on your own...there are strong links b/t synthetic hormones and breast cancer.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2010