why is my child always thirsty?

my son is constanly asking me for a drink. he drinks at least alsmost 8 glasses of water a day plus juice and milk. is something wrong with him? he would prefer to drink water than eat a meal as well. whats going on? any ideas?

19_klayton

Asked by 19_klayton at 11:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does he pee alot? You might want to have him tested for diabetes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• no actually he doesnt. which is weird. hhhmmmm.....
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 11:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I would suggest seeing a doctor. they will be able to treat your son if there is anything. He could be diabetes, but to be sure have your child tested. You make an appointment in the morning before he eats and they can run the test if he is.
    Anonymous

• my daughter does the same thing, i have had her tested and she does not have diapetes. the doc said its just a phase and she will get over it. its a pain she does it all day and all night. she will wake 2-4 times a nite for something to drink.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 11:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• yeah he does that same thing. he actually drinks more than he eats. oh to make your situation easier try leaving a bottle of water on the table all day for her to get her own water. then you only get bugged when its empty. and a sippy cup or something by her bed at night.
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 11:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2010