Court Rules National Day of Prayer Unconstitutional...

What are your thoughts?

http://www.wiwd.uscourts.gov/assets/pdf/FFRF_v_Obama_Order.pdf

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is unless you are muslim.
    Anonymous

• I think its absolute bullshit. I see that a group of athesists and agnostics filed suit against the day. Now can someone please explain to me what the hell is the big freaking deal?! So you don't believe in God...THEN DON'T PRAY! How do people take offense to this?! So should Christmas be ruled, not a National Holiday? Or Easter? I am so sick and tired of everyone catering to the minorities. The majority of America's citizens are some form of Christian so why the hell should National Day of Prayer be taken away because some what...5% of Americans are athesists?
    Anonymous

• It's not about us vs them. It's about upholding the Constitution and the Separation of Church and State.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree with my2boys
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Okay well like I said, Christmas and Easter are both recgonized as National holidays...should they be deemed unconstitutional as well?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• In June 2007 (then) Presidential Candidate Barack Obama declared that the USA Was no longer a Christian nation. This year President Obama, canceled the 21st annual National Day of Prayer ceremony at the White House under the rouse Of "not wanting to offend anyone" On September 25, 2009 from 4 am until 7 pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion was Held on Capitol Hill, Beside the White House. There were over 50,000 Muslims that Day in DC. I guess it Doesn't matter if "Christians" Are offended by this event - We obviously Don't count as "anyone" Anymore. The direction This country is headed Should strike fear in the heart of every Christian. Especially knowing that the Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be Converted they should be Annihilated.

Anonymous

• If a day of prayer is unconstitutional then that day of silence thing at schools should be too, just my opinion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Amen ANON!!!!!!!! I completely agree!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Why does anyone need a National Day of Prayer? If your going to pray everyday anyway then whey does it matter? Is it just to shove your religion down people's throats?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• So you would agree then, Sara, that to have a "day of silence" for the gays and lesbians is unnecessary as well and is just to shove their homosexuality down people's throats?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2010