What do you believe? (Christians)

After reading two posts about a woman asking for help, and seeing her get slammed I have a question for Christians...

Do you love and respect your God? Do you follow his greatest commandments? I ask this because a select few "Christians" on here feel the need to gloat and poke fun of others because of their beliefs, like laughing about the witch trials as if it were humorous. I don't find murder humorous at all, and I'm sure a majority of Christians feel the same way as I do about murder. However, how do you deal with other Christians that tarnish the very commandments in Matthews 22:36-40?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Let God deal with them. Them being my fellow Christians. I just ignore them, they are set in their ways and nothing that anyone says is going to change their mind. So let God deal with them. They are responsible for their actions and will be held accountable for their actions. That is how I see it. I walk in LOVE towards ALL people. Actually I get along better with non-Christians than I do with my fellow Christians. So what does that tell ya. LOL
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Honestly most don't I saw that to it's sad really.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I know most don't, lol. which is why I made sure to note that I was talking about a select few and that the majority aren't like this, it just really turned me off however. I couldn't believe that some people actually think it's funny to murder people for their beliefs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I love God with my whole heart, and i try my best to love my neighbors. it is a shame to see anyone ridiculed for whatever belief. Im sad to see fellow Christians behave in such a way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I am sad too. No wonder people say "if that is how a Christian behaves, I don't want any part of it". TRUE Christians do NOT behave like that and it makes me angry because it actually DOES turn people off There are some who are extremely judgemental. But how many references does the Bible make to people doing exactly what they are doing? Jesus said "Let those among you who are blameless cast the first stone." (referring to the crowd of people who were going to stone the prostitute) I did not read the post you are referring to, but I have read others on here and I hope people take a true look into their hearts and think about how they are tarnishing the name of CHRISTians and truly think about how CHRIST would want you act and what He would want you to say to build up His name, not tarnish it.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• yeah hazeldove i know what you mean. I see it and get it a lot on here especially. It's very sick and sad. I'm also guessing you saw the. Witches burnt at the stake answer. That was sick. Some people need help.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• And now we know why I am not a Christian...I have had too many RL experiences that were bad and not even going to mention all I have seen on here. I am Leslie and I belong to the Church of What Leslie Believes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have not seen the post, but I am going to have to go look at it now.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Unfortunately people in any religion can use it for terrorism. People think they have God in their pocket so they can mete out judgement, and what they don't realize is that if they were really speaking for God, they would have a totally different attitude! People are so small sometimes that I think anything different or challenging to their faith frightens them, and then they react with hostility. I'm not comfortable with witchcraft, but God is no stranger to it, and it's His business, not mine. No wonder Ghandi said, "I like your Christ but not your Christians."
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Can someone tell me the name of the post? I am not sure what I am looking for.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2010