OK suggestions on a BOS blessing. Do you make your own if so how? or Do you get one from some where else?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here is some great information about a Book Of Shadows you may want to read. It will walk you though some details that are just to much to put here...

http://paganspath.com/magik/shadows.htm
    http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/wiccaandpaganismbasics/ht/BOS.htm

The second one has links that will walk you through consecration & blessing

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I do it myself. I believe that its really a combination of; the proper elements of nature, your energy, intent, and visualization. I think that is the essence of a blessing or consecration. So, although you can find comfort in having someone else doing it for you, you CAN do it yourself. Just remember that (if you decide to do it yourself) it is a science and an art.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I do them myself... I feel that the Blessing needs to come from your inner soul/heart and your inner energies to have the protection it needs.
    Look a few up and you can take those ideas and blend them in with what is in you and I also recommend doing a Blessing of BOS on a full moon night....if you want you are more than welcome to PM me any time...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It can be as simple or elaborate as you wish.

Look inside yourself.

Everything you need to know, is already between your ears...you just have to ask the right questions.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• If you have a ready-made blessing that you like, then use it. Mine is one that I "personalized" using my own words. It includes the four elements: salt for earth, incense for air, a white candle for fire, and a bowl of spring or rain water with three pinches of the salt in it. As the incantation mentions the element, I touch the corner of the book to the element I have in a dish or bowl (with a dishtowel ready to dry the water. Don't want to damage the book.) A blessing is more powerful when you have personalized it or written it yourself. At least my most powerful incantations have been those I created myself.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I wrote mine myself and it's the first page in my BOS. I wrote it then when I was dedicating and consecrating my BOS, I recited it, focusing on my intentions with it. I got ideas from somewhere else, but I'm not sure where. Maybe one of SIlver's books or Scott Cunningham's. PM me if you want to read mine.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2010