Why, Why, Why????

Why is it that when anyone askes a Pagan question all the bible bouncers have to put them down, poke fun, shun thier beleifs, etc??? Why can't Christians accept that they are not on the only path to follow?? Why are they all so snarky???? Who would want to be a part of a religion where it's ok to be flat out jerks to people in the name of thier god??? It's sickening!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because most bible thumpers are just that. Not all religious people are horrid but a lot of them take it upon themselves to "spread the word of their god" and be judgemental asshats. This is exactly the reason we have a war going on right now. This is also exactly why I am an atheist.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• put a spell on em
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Because the acceptance that others may be on an equal path would force them to question their entire belief system... Christianity is built on the idea of unquestioned supremacy, without that, all you have is a 2000 year dead carpenter and a bunch of Pagan myths...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Wow, Anon- It's always nice to know there is someone here to prove a point when need be...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I wish I had an answer for you, I dont know. But I do know that not all Christians are that way and I am very grateful for that :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i agree with 3 ring. The situation can also be reversed. There have been many times where a question was directed towards christians and non christians will come in and start insulting us saying that we have mental disorders because we talk to imaginary people. Both parties are wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Not all Christians are that way. I am thankful I am not. I have my beliefs and others have their beliefs and I'm fine with that. I agree though.....it is sickening. I stay away from religious topics with people like that. I love to have talks about religion but not if I know it's going to turn into an argument.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Any Christian who acts like a huge jerk isn't acting Christlike and it ISN'T OK to do that.
    I feel that there is only one true path, and that is through Christ, but that doesn't mean you agree and I can't change that. All I can do is try to set an example Christ would be happy with and show others what Christianity is about through my actions. I want people to be able to talk to me openly when they have differing beliefs because maybe, just maybe, they'll find Christ. But, if not, they will go on their way thinking no less of me or my beliefs, only that they are different.
    to try to push beliefs on someone i think is only a step backwards...
    i wish Christians could realize condemning or disrespecting others' beliefs is disrespectful, rude, and ultimately ineffective in any way.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Anon 12:31 has a good point do. The situation is reversed as well, but I don't see it nearly as often.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I enjoy learning about other religions and cultures. Thing is I do like hearing how happy people are but I don't like it when they say I can't be happy believing the way I do. How would life be if we all found joy and peace in the exact same way? Wouldn't that be rather "1984"
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2010