What can I do with my life?

I'm kind of at a point where I just don't know where to go. I got pregnant at 16, and I was forced to drop out. (Literally) But now I'm almost 19, my son is almost 2, Im getting married June 12th, to my son's father. I recently got my permit, but I don't know anyone that I can drive with that's over 21. (which is required) I want to get my GED, a job, and maybe eventually go to college. But it seems liek everytime I try to do something, everything bacfires. Like I just got my permit, but now I have to get insurance, then find someone 21 or older to drive with, then plus Id have to share my fiances car, which hes gone most the time. No one wants to hire me cause I dropped out, and I never had a chance to work anywhere. And I cant get my GED because I have no car, or lisence, no money, and it just keeps going in this never ending circle. UGH.. I really just don't know what to do. I feel so useless in this world. I hate it : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• aww keep ur head up. start with your license first. if you have a single car for u and ur hubby take him to work and enroll urself in GED or nite school
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Go to the unemployment office and ask to take an Aptitude test. It will help guide you to the field you'd be best suited for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• try looking into transits or bus rides. you can do a rideshare and theres also TANF. what is ur location?
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You are not useless, not at all. You had a baby at 16 and are parenting him, That's a great accomplishment. That's commendable. I hope public transportation is available to you. Where i live, I have to drive to take it. It defeats the purpose. Community colleges have counselors to help with what you are asking about. GED/ carreer plans. Think about what are your interests. What are you good at. We all have our talents. God gave them to us. You will do fine.
    chevpam

Answer by chevpam at 2:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Everyone feels like that at some point in their life. You should really focus on you and your child because 18 is young as hell to be worried about getting married. I was married at 20 a few months after I had my first son and it didn't last. Most marriages don't when you're that young. People grow and sometimes grow apart. Not to say that you and your fiance won't last but it sounds like you need to get your life going first before anything else. I'd try going to a department of economic security or unemployment office and see if they can help you get on the right track. Is there anything you'd like doing with you life? What are some things that you enjoy that you could see yourself doing for a career? Think about it.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 2:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• There are TONS of online schools you can do. You can even get your high scool diploma online. You don't have to settle for a GED. Google "penn state" its really affordable. My friend did that and he only paid $22 down and $48 a month. Good luck and don't think your useless, your a mother, that's the most usefull person I can think of. Just don't get down on yourself it will all work out.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 4:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• If you're over 18, can't you just get your license? Can you check out the local high school and see if they offer the GED test?

No matter what, you're a mom and need to stay positive so that your child can see your attitude. They get depressed if you're depressed. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Is it possible you can get your GED online? There must be something set up so you can do it from home. Where are your parents? Are they able to help?

Remember that you aren't useless in your son's or your fiance's eyes.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 5:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Id be happy to help you, we have TONS AND TONS of successful people on our team that are 18-21 making 5-10 K + a month we had convention last week and there was a kid there who cut High school to be there! I need an e-mail address or messagge me on here and we can talk ....If you are SUPER MOTIVATED and anxious and ready there is about
    5,000.00 on the table to be made in the next 2 week!! www.IDSafety.INFO and RIGHT NOW I AM OFFERING THE BIZ FOR FREE
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2010