Thinking about having another : )

My son is almost 2, will be June 6th. I'm a stay at home mom. Im 19. I always wanted my kids not too close together, but not too far apart. Ive been debating it though, seeing how Im only 19, and I still have things to finish. I just don't know. If your kids are close together in age, and you were young when you had the, would you go back and have them further apart if you could?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• How much longer will it take you to finish the things you need to finish? If its not terribly long, I would wait and finish those things first. You are going to have your hands full with 2 babies and it will be much easier if you don't have other things to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• When I was 19 years old I had two kids. They were 2 and 3 years old by the time i was 19 but only 15 months apart. It was really hard for me. So I would have waited. I didn't mean to have children so close in age, and honestly.. I wouldn't ever encourage anyone else to do it either.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I had my first child when I was 20 and had my second child when I was 27. It is such a different and more positive experience when you are financially ready for a child. I really wanted my children to be close together in age too, but it didn't work out that way. I am seeing the benefits of having children 7 years apart, though! My 9 year old is in expensive sports and my daughter hasn't started that yet. My 9 year old will get braces, go to prom, drive, college etc. way before her so if all goes as planned we will have time to recover financially and help her out too. Finish what you need to finish and have another when you are ready:) Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• wait wait wait! Kids are sooo much easier to handle when you are older and more settled in your life. Your overies are not going anywhere!
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 2:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• MILFInProgress:
    Well theres also that, my family has PCOS, i think its called. Its passed down through a bunch of females in my family. My mom, my grandmother, and most of my aunts have it. Its something that causes you to not be able to have anymore children, and it causes ovarian cancer (i dont know that much about it) hats just what ive heard from family. But sometimes i get worried if i wait to long, it might be too late.
    Anonymous

• I know how nice it is to have kids who are close in age, but I think its more important for you to think about whether or not you are actually ready to have another child or if there is more you want to accomplish before you bring another baby into the world. Having kids 5, 6, 7 years apart isn't terrible either- they will have a different kind of bond, but they can still be close!
    6IrishKiddos

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 11:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2010