attn single moms i need help

my ex has been in boot camp since feb the 2nd he hasn't called once to ask how oure child is he only wrote one letter in all that time and it was all about what hes doing ( it was pretty much all about weapons and how good his aim is getting there was exactly2 sentences about our child ) he told me that he missed our son and asked how he was doing ( i know he has called his wife she writes about it on facebook every time and according to what she has posted he writes her at least 2 letters a week)
he graduated wen. and has yet to call to talk to our son i know he was busy with his wife but it makes me so angry that he couldn't take 2 min. and call his son. i just want him to realize that our son should be just as important as his wife and friends i feel like i'm starting to hate him( i'll always love the man that gave me my son but he's not him anymore he's a stranger ) have any of you every felt that way about your ex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• There is nothing that you can do to make your ex understand how important his relationship with your son should be to him. BUT, for your son's sake, you should do your best to keep the lines of communication and the door open to him. I understand that it hurts that he doesn't call, etc., but unfortunately again, there really isn't a thing you can do to make him want to.

Although some Dads are as devoted to children as moms, I think moms in general tend to be more focused on their children. As far as moving past the anger, etc., just keep telling yourself that you want what is best for your son, and being angry won't help him. Don't know if moms are ever blissfully indifferent when the other parent seems to not be showing enough attention to their child. However, as your life moves on, all you can do is your best job as a parent, and accept the limitations of the dad.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• op here:
    how did you deal with the situation? how long did it take to to move past anger and disappointment to blissful indifference?

i feel like i live for my son i do everything and he cant be bothered to pick of the phone every once in a awhile
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• If he doesn't care he doesn't care. My ex would rather smoke meth than care about my son. His loss. I prefer that he's out of our lives and would never go back.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Have you talked to your ex? If you do, you could just tell him that it might be a good idea to contact his son, and that his son misses him. If he doesn't, then you can't do anything. Like the pp said, try to keep the lines of communication open, and don't bad mouth him to your son or anything. Unfortunately, you can't make him see what he's missing. If you're on good enough terms with him and his wife, you can bring it up and hope that he gets it.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010