Taking kids out of school for dr appt...what are your thoughts or your methods?

Not a life or death question here, just wondering. LOL. My boys both have eye doctor appointments tomorrow and of course they are at 10:30am. Rescheduling is not an option. If this were you, what would you do? Have them go to school then pick them up, or keep them home until the appointment then take them to school afterward? If they go to school, they will be there exactly one hour before I pick them up. I will have to pick them up at 9am to have time to get to town, get through traffic (there is also heavy construction all over town, with many traffic delays) and get to the doctor's office. (They have both missed one day of school a piece this year, so they are not getting Perfect Attendance awards this time, either)

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, by the time they actually get seen by the doctor and out of the office it'll probably be 1:30 or 2. I'm assuming they get out of school around three...So they'll be there for two hours? Yeah, I'd keep them out. It's not like they spent they day at the park. They were sitting in an office. Not a big deal.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I'd keep them out the entire day and give the office they're doctors note.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I don't think either one is better than the other. I always take my son to school, even if it is for an hour, but it's easy for me as there is really no traffic around here. If I was dealing with a lot of traffic and my children haven't missed much school I would let them sleep in and take them to school after their appts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It'd be a nice treat for them to be out all day, but I'm sure the picky principal would have some thing to say to me about that. LOL.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Really? You would keep your children out all day for an eye doctor appt.? The first poster shouldn't take her child/children out of school at all then he or she can teach her the difference between there, their and they're.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• if it was me.....i would let them sleep in, and take them to school after their drs appt..unless they were in grade 10, 11 or 12..then i'd make them go in the morning for an hour..

i remember when i was in school, i had orthodontist appts at around 1030-11..and my mom would make me go to school in the mornings. but.it was only a 10 minute walk from my school...you having to get them at 9am is different..its 1 hr!! let them sleep in!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Also, can teach her the difference between they and the.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think you should answer the question instead of being a bitch.

Oh and you left out the word "it." As in "it can teach her the difference.. That's a key word as it is saying what can teach.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I would never call a child "It"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't either.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2010